This recipe was adapted from Todd Wilbur’s Top Secret Recipe for Olive Garden’s Pasta e Fagioli! So delicious! Serves 6-8.
- 1 156ml can of V8 juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 pound rice ‘shells’ pasta
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14oz can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 19oz can chick peas or white navy beans (with liquid)
- 1 14oz can tomato sauce
Put it Together:
1. Brown the ground turkey in a large soup pot. Drain well.
2. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Continue to saute for 10 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients except pasta. Simmer for 1 hour.
4. About 45 minutes into simmering, boil water for the pasta, and cook pasta to al dente (about 5 minutes).
5. Add pasta to pot and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes more.