PRETTY AWESOME according to Joey! These muffins are super moist and full of flavour. Makes 24 muffins.
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots (approx. 3 large carrots)
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix*
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup best brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
* I used Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend. Make sure your GF blend has some xanthan gum or guar gum in it.
Put it Together:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flours, ground flax, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla and blend well.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Fold in grated carrots, chopped apples, cranberries and walnuts.
6. Fill 24 muffin cups 3/4 full. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Do not undercook – almond flour is very moist and needs time to ‘cook’ well.
7. Let cool 5 mins before removing muffins from the pan.
ps. these freeze well and are perfect for lunchbox snacks!